The Vertical Flight Society presents the75th Annual Forum and Technology DisplayThe Future of Vertical FlightMay 13-16, 2019
Exhibits Open: May 14-15Philadelphia, PA, USA
The Vertical Flight Society's 75th Annual Forum & Technology Display is the world's leading international technical event on vertical flight technology. This special 75th anniversary event will span four days and include nearly 300 technical papers on every discipline from Acoustics to Unmanned Systems, as well as dozens of invited presentations and discussions by leaders in the military, government agencies and industry.
The Technology Display, running concurrent with the Forum, is the most extensive exposition of cutting-edge vertical flight technologies in the world, and also includes other technologies more broadly applicable to aerospace in general. Leading manufacturers, service providers, defense agencies, universities, and research and development organizations will showcase the very latest in vertical flight technology.
Participate at Forum 75!
Forum 75 is the longest-running and most established vertical flight event in the world. It's the best way to interact and share ideas with over 1,200 of the world's leading vertical flight professionals.
Click here for registration rates.
Congratulations to Forum 75 authors: we received a record number of submissions. The Forum technical schedule will consist of nearly 300 papers and 42 sessions — download the Forum 75 Preliminary Technical Session-at-a-Glance.
- Use these templates for final paper submission: (MS Word) or (LaTex)
- The final paper submission deadline date has been extended to April 15, 2019—submit your paper on the Mira Site.
- Download the Forum 75 Author Guide. This document will provide authors with important deadline dates and guidance about your final paper submission, attendance and presenting at the Forum – please read it thoroughly!
Why come to Forum 75?
- Technical papers! Learn from experts in their fields as they discuss the latest theories and breakthroughs in vertical flight technology. Download the Preliminary Technical Session Schedule At a Glance.
- See the latest technologies from leading manufacturers, service providers, defense agencies, universities, and research and development organizations in our extensive technology display.
- Hear from the leaders in industry, government, and academia to gain perspective on the future of vertical flight technology:
• CEO Panel with the leaders of major helicopter manufacturers and suppliers
• US Army and US Navy/Marine Corps aviation military program managers
• Nikolsky Lecture: Nick Lappos, "Design Advantages of an Integrated Cyber-Physical Aircraft"
• Other civil and defense leaders in government and industry
- Recognition of VFS award winners and scholarship recipients at the Vertical Flight Foundation Reception and the Grand Awards Banquet
- Short course, Friday industry tour, MAV Student Challenge, guest excursions, and other special events!
Exhibit at Forum 75!
Showcase your technology, products, and services at Forum 75. Go to the Forum 75 Exhibit Page for more information or to submit your application.
Why visit Philadelphia?
Share ideas with vertical flight professionals from around the world at the elegant Philadelphia Convention Center, only 12 miles away from the Philadelphia International Airport.
Philadelphia hosted the very first Forum on April 3, 1945. Since then, the "City of Brotherly Love" has grown to support a robust aerospace and aviation presence, serving companies such as Boeing, Eaton Corporation, Leonardo Helicopters, Piasecki, Sikorsky Lockheed Martin, and many more. Learn more about the incredible VTOL history of this region, "The Cradle of Rotary-Wing Aviation in the US", and plan your trip today!