Building off of the success of the affiliates conference held in 2018, we are looking for further success in building bonds and being of service to the affiliate organizations of the engineering community in Philadelphia
Our annual conclave of the leadership of all engineering organization affiliates will take place on April 25, 2019 from 5:00 PM to 7:30 PM, in the 9th floor conference center at 1818 Market Street, Philadelphia.
ECP will provide light fare to eat and beverages.
We encourage each organization to send one or two or their executive leadership to this event and one or two rising leaders of your organization. There is no charge for this event, however, we would ask that you please provide us with a confirmation that you are sending a delegation along with information on the planned attendees.
We believe many of the technical societies in the Delaware Valley have similar challenges with maintaining or growing membership, developing meaningful programming and helping their members achieve their professional goals. We believe that many of the actions we pledged to take in 2018 have helped our affiliates community in general and hopefully some of your organizations. ECP is now convinced that working to become a partner in assisting your organization is good for ECP and good for all of your groups as well. The agenda for this session will include:
- Welcome message and introduction of all participating organizations
- A recap of the actions taken in the last year and the results seen from them,
- Recap of “prime affiliate” points of ECP/affiliate collaboration:
- The ECP fund raiser Golf Outing as an affiliate development platform
- Engineer/Young Engineer of the Year Balloting, what worked, what did not and how do we better synch with YOUR EOY program?
- Our December Multi-society Meeting, how can we improve it and make it YOUR event too
- Delaware Valley Engineers Week. Where can we put the spotlight on affiliates
- The June Annual Meeting of the ECP - What program is of value to your group?
- Scholarship coordination
- New initiatives we believe you might like going forward
- Volunteer Power; how can we help each other recruit and energize volunteers?
- Who's Who in Engineering in Philadelphia
- Update on ECP tools and resources to assist you to coordinate your activities, including a coordinated event calendar and others
- A networking session so you can get to meet and know each other and look into collaboration possibilities (if you attended this event in the past, you may recall this was a great way to get to know other groups, communicate with them, and consider joint events and efforts)
The Club has been in existence for over 145 years and “spawned” many of the engineering organizations and societies we know today over that period, both national groups as well as local chapters/sections/branches. With this in mind, our goals for this affiliates event include:
- Inclusion of ALL Engineering related disciplines and interests under ECP umbrella
- Providing valued role providing a coordinated calendar for event planning
- Supporting your event planning with partnering and publicity
- Development and support of themes for the coming program year related to technology and developments in the greater society which impact all engineers
- Providing a platform all engineering voices in Philadelphia region to influence policy and public perception
- Fostering contacts through this conference and promoting coordination among societies to help identify and create joint efforts for speakers/presentations
- Facilitating access to our region’s “movers and shakers” to help business and government leaders recognize the often uncelebrated contributions and potential of the engineering community to our area and its economic viability
- Providing the process framework and facilitation of event to celebrate and highlight engineering to the general public though events such as Engineer/Young Engineer of the Year, DVEW and others
We feel that this meeting will set the tone for the 2019/2020 program year that for most of us will begin in September 2019. We feel that the participation of executive leaders from your group is vital to this effort. We look forward to meeting with you on April 25 to renew and strengthen the bonds of fellowship and service that we bring to the engineering field here in the Delaware Valley! If you have any questions, you can call Chris Holliday at 215 832-3520. We hope that you will join us!
The Board of the Engineers Club of Philadelphia