SEI of SNJ April 2019 Meeting - 21st Century Bridge Evaluation; New Technologies and Solutions
The webinar offered by 3 experts on bridge evaluation helps to understand the following:
- The challenges engineers face when dealing with aging bridges
- Better understand the risks associated with the aging infrastructure in the U.S.
- Becoming familiar with state-of-the-art in technology applications for civil engineers
- Understand when to use technology in decision making makes sense
- Augment in-depth inspections with more accurate condition evaluation using advanced technologies
The presentation is in 3 sections:
- Section 1 deals with technologies role and origin, infrastructure, extreme events evaluated by new technology.
- Section 2 deals with Innovative Technologies, Data Analytics, and Robotics.
- Section 3 deals with technology's role and emerging topics.
Ehsan Minaie, PhD, PE;CDM Smith
- Engineering practice leader in infrastructure asset management, and application of technologies in infrastructure assessment. *
- Member of multiple national committees at TRB and ASCE, including bridge management and infrastructure resilience.
- Reviewer for ASCE journals
David Lattanzi, PhD, PE; George Mason University kD Laboratories
- Structural engineering professor, with professional experience in both design and inspection of bridges
- Expertise in robotics, computer vision, and artificial intelligence in infrastructure assessment
- Member of ASCE committee -Methods of Monitoring Structural Performance, and Data Sensing and Analysis
Nathan Dubbs, PhD, PE;Intelligent Infrastructure Systems
- Practice leader in Monitoring of Performance and Risk of Infrastructures.
- Member of ASCE committee- Methods of Monitoring Structural Performance, Structural Identification, and Risk Assessment.
- Reviewer of ASCE Journals.
- Professional Engineering license in multiple states
Presentation Summary Times:
6:15 PM Social
6:30 PM Dinner
7:00 PM Presentation
ASCE Member - $35.00
Non-Member/Walk-ins - $40.00
Students - Free
To register, either click the link below, or email Dr. Ali Khan email@example.com
We hope to see you there!
Dr. Ali Khan
SEI of SNJ